25 December 2009

New Years Resolutions - 2010, I'm ready.

That time of year is suddenly upon us and it gets me thinking about all the things I want to achieve next year.

These are my New Years Resolutions for 2010:

Of course there are the usual, boring suspects...

Lose weight (Isn't this on everyone's list??)
Work smarter, not harder (
Basically I want to earn the same money if not more - but lose the bags under my eyes)
Exercise more (
More than nothing isn't hard - consider this one achievable)
Travel (
On the list is UK, USA and maybe even some of Europe)

But what I really want to do this year is:

Drink more cocktails.
I don't drink much or often anymore, so I'm going to splash out this year and order fancy drinks with umbrellas - or at the very least, in a nice glass!

Try sashimi.
I don't eat fish. I'm even allergic to some of them - but I'm intrigued. So this year, I'm going to try it. Probably just one piece, but at least I can say I tried it.

Schedule "Date Night" more frequently.
Maybe I'm just feeling melancholy because I travelled so much in November and December and we have spent Christmas apart - but I'm going to make more effort to spend quality time with hubby this year.

Cook a souffle.
I might do this in private so that if it's a complete flop (literally) no one will ever know... but I really want to give it a go.

Host a Dinner Party.
Not just a BBQ, because we do those a lot already. I mean a real dinner party, with bottled water, fancy candles and real linen.


Catch up with the girls more often.
When we caught up for the Journo's birthday - we agreed that we would have girlie drinks at least once a month.

Find the perfect cupcake recipe.
I've tried some good ones, and I've had some spectacular failures. This year - I want to find my failsafe, idiot-proof recipe that works everytime.

Take Hubby to Sydney.
I really want to take him to Rockpool, I think he would love it. And secretly - I'm just desperate to go back!

So, dear Reader - what are your plans for the New Year?

No comments:

Post a Comment