23 December 2009

The Cupcake Bakery QVB - You go ALL RIGHT!

What's girl time without a little too much sugar and midnight snacks?

With this thought in mind - and with Mum happily occupied at Planet Cake Cake School - I went on the hunt for "something nice" to share with her over coffee.

I was super excited to try and find Sparkle Cupcakery because I thought it was a cute concept - but a lot of the reviews were pretty uninspiring. They are the minimalist conception of cupcakes. Identically iced in white butter cream, and differentiated with a coloured Smartie. Boring!!

When I want cupcakes - I want pretty, I want imaginative - I want OTT! And I pretty much got all of that at The Cupcake Bakery.

Located in the thoroughfare of the Queen Victoria Building - I quite literally found them by accident and what a happy accident it was.

It took me a good 5 minutes of slack jawed staring before I finally decided on just two - Hummingbird and Tiramisu. I loved the fact that even though I was only buying 2 cupcakes, they giftwrapped them separately for me, and didn't charge me for the pleasure.

The cakes themselves were gorgeous. Light and luscious - the Hummingbird was actually Hummingbird cake. Not "just add water" cake mix with a different flavoured icing. I like that they went to the trouble to keep it authentic.

The Tiramisu was coffee flavoured cake and a light mascarpone frosting and dusted with chocolate shavings. So much effort, so muchly appreciated!

To be honest - we liked these cupcakes so much we went back the next day and got another one...

The Verdict: A really nice cupcakery that makes nicely different cupcakes.

Recommendations: Go with your hearts desire - we had four different ones and loved them all - by those odds, you can't really go wrong!

Contact: The Cupcake Bakery

The Cupcake Bakery on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that the cupcakes are decent at this place. I've walked past it many times but haven't gotten round to trying any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a bit hesitant only because it was in a food court - but we loved them!! Give them a try one day... :)

    ReplyDelete