20 December 2009

Fresh Sushi Co James Street - Big on Flavour... and the purse strings.

"You get what you pay for". A fairly simple statement, but one that I adhere to strongly - especially where Ice Cream and Sushi are concerned.

I recently grabbed a quick lunch at The Fresh Sushi Co - and it was fantastic. There is no doubt about that whatsoever. But considering you can get a handroll at any Sushi "hole in the wall" for about $2.20, and probably just a little bit extra at my favourite Sushi Station on Brunswick Street - I was completely pampering myself when I paid a whopping $8 for a Tempura Prawn Handroll, $6 for Prawn Salad Handroll and $4 for Miso Soup. That's an expensive takeaway lunch - but it was very nice. $18 and "still hungry" nice... but still!

If its quality Sushi and Sashimi you want - this is as good a place as any to start. They have all the staples and considering that they are attached to one of Brisbane's nicest Fishmongers - you have to assume that the fish is so fresh it's still flopping around out the back.

And the bonus is that it's part of the James Street Markets - the attached Fishmonger had me drooling for Fresh Seafood and lucky I'm travelling to my Parents for Christmas or I would have remortgaged our house stocking up on seafood...



Contact:

The Fresh Sushi Co
James Street Markets
James Street
New Farm

Ph: 3852 6659

Fresh Sushi Co on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Veгу nice post. I just stumbled uρon your blog and ωiѕhed to say thаt ӏ hаνe гeally loѵed
    surfing arounԁ your blog poѕts. Aftеr all I'll be subscribing on your rss feed and I'm hoping you write agaіn soon!
    My website > UAE Law Firms

    ReplyDelete